Things to do in Austin
Aloft Austin Northwest is conveniently located a short drive from downtown Austin and Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). Explore our list of favorite things to do in Austin and enjoy easy access to the area's best shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Austin Aquarium
- Avery Ranch
- Balcones Canyonlands Wildlife Refuge Center
- Concordia University
- Formula 1
- Hamilton Pool
- HEB Center at Cedar Park
- Lady Bird Lake
- Lake Travis
- Lakeline Mall
- LBJ Library
- The Domain
- Twin Creeks
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas Austin
How To Get Here
- Lakeline Mall - Shop the latest trends at designer shops, all located just minutes from our hotel.
- Austin Aquarium - Explore a variety of underwater exhibits or attend an exciting and educational show that the whole family will love.
- HEB Center at Cedar Park - Take in a show by one of today's most popular acts at the area's largest venue.
- The Domain - Enjoy 10 acres of parks, jogging trails, shopping, dining, and entertainment options at this popular thing to do in Austin.
- University of Texas at Austin - One of Texas' premier universities, visit the University of Texas at Austin for a campus visit, graduation weekend, or for the big game.
- LBJ Library - Opened in 1971, the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum is one of 13 Presidential Libraries.
- Lady Bird Lake - Situated in the heart of downtown Austin, this urban park and reservoir also feature a variety of hiking and biking trails.
- Lake Travis - Soak up the sun at Lake Travis, a reservoir on the Colorado River, located just a short drive from our Austin hotel.
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge - Home to some of the region's most unique species of birds, this wildlife refuge spans nearly 72 square miles.
- Hamilton Pool - Explore this natural grotto formed around scenic walking trails over 8,000 years.
- Concordia University - This prominent Christian university is located in the heart of Austin. Attend a campus visit or cheer on friends and family at their graduation ceremony.
- Formula 1 - This is considered to be one of the biggest races in Texas. The combination of the crowd's excitement and energy is something you do not want to miss.
- SXSW - Austin has always been known for its eccentric arts scene. Enjoy film, music, and interactive media at one of the biggest festivals in the U.S.
- Apple - Apple Corporate Headquarters is considered to be a must see campus. Apple is the fifth-largest employer in Central Texas and is continuing to grow rapidly.
- Dell - Austin has been considered to be the next "Silicon Valley". A huge part of this is that the Dell Headquarters has moved there. Dell has hired roughly 2,000 individuals in the area recently which has allowed the city of Austin to grow rapidly.